Monday, April 2, 2018

A Very Depressing Afterlife

I found this written in a notebook I kept over last summer. I don't remember writing it, so there's no way to know if it's a dream I actually had or I was just really down.


Last night I had a dream that I went to the afterlife. The portal was through a little door behind the bar in a restaurant. I went through a long hallway of coatracks, then came out in a small, white-walled room with buzzing fluorescent lights and an empty fireplace. People sat around plastic tables on collapsable chairs playing boardgames without much interest. They were all waiting, killing time. Maybe until something happened, but I got the sense that it would be like this forever. There was someone I loved there, someone I can’t remember now that I’m awake, but she was the reason I went there. I found her, and tried to lead her out, but she didn’t want to go. Not that she particularly liked the afterlife. She just wasn’t too keen on what was on the other side either.

1 comment:

  1. That's the most depressing afterlife I have ever heard of! But interesting...

    ReplyDelete